The 9th UNICA GREEN Workshop: "Sustainable lifestyles - What role can universities play?" was hosted by the University of Lausanne, 6-8 March 2019.
The Workshop gathered about 60 participants from 25 institutions (among them, 16 UNICA member universities) and focused on the topic of lifestyles and behavior change in order to promote more sustainable lifestyle at university campuses. Through best practice exchanges and practical workshops, participants had the opportunity to learn more about this topic and about tools to improve everyday practices.
The workshop also featured the "Green your University Award" ceremony: the winning project "Mois Gros Pull (Thick Sweater Month)" was presented by the winning team, consisting of 5 students from the Université libre de Bruxelles: Aurélie Vermeulen, Zoé Vandenbranded, Valentin Hansart, Lino Paoletti and Colin Chabot.
Look at the video prepared by the winning students to explain the "Mois gros pull", which was organized in February 2019 at the ULB by the project team!
PHOTOS: The photos of the workshop are available here
- Sustainable lifestyles in an unsustainable culture: What we can learn from critical teaching and research on cognitive dissonance and existential obstacles, by Prof. Christian Arnsperger, UNIL
- Presentation of the Thick Sweater project - winner of the UNICA Green Your University Award, by the students of the project team, Université libre de Bruxelles (see the video at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2251909051540786)
- A Transition to Sustainable Lifestyles – The Role of Universities, by Bojan Baletić, University of Zagreb
- Mapping university’s activities according to SDG, by Christine Bratrich, ETH Zürich
- Act for Change, studying the long term impact of an awareness campaign based on gaming theory, by Aurore Nembrini, EPFL Lausanne
- Cooperation of universities with other societal actors to support Education for Sustainable Consumption, by Jana Dlouhá, Charles University Environment Centre
- The Climate House project, by Katinka Grønli and Øystein Liverød, University of Oslo
- Energy awareness campaign based on participative process - results and outcomes, by Loïc Furcy, University of Lausanne
- 6 E’s for sustainable change: positive psychology in sustainable awareness and behavior change, by Cathy Macharis and Rebecca Lefevere, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Applying sobriety policy in Zürich, by Tina Billeter, City of Zürich
- Changing people behaviour: another approach, by Yves François and Jeremy Grivel, aXess Lab, Vevey
- Sustainable Governance: Sociocracy, by Grégoire Chambaz and LaMoViDA, University of Lausanne
- Students focus session, including the following presentations:
- SAVES 2 Project, by Joanna Romanowicz, NUS UK
- ESSA Project, by Rachel Drayson, NUS UK
- Thick Sweater team, UNICA Green Your University Award winner, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Sustainability Week Switzerland, by Marie-Claire Graf, VSN-FDD-FDD
- Unipoly, Sustainability Association at EPFL & UniL, by Paul Castelain
- Sustainable rebound after the Genoa bridge collapse: PRINCE project, by Luca Moreschi and Selena Candia, University of Genoa
- Reflecting about professional mobility, by Julien Meillard, University of Lausanne and Fabian Greub, University of Neuchâtel
CONTACT: For more information please contact Laura Brossico (UNICA Secretariat): firstname.lastname@example.org.