Dates & Location: 5-7, December 2013, Nicosia, Cyprus
Call for proposals (PDF)
The Language Centre of the University of Cyprus is pleased to announce the 2nd International Conference “Foreign Language Instructional Technology: E-nnovative Learning”. The conference is being organized by the Language Centre of the University of Cyprus in Nicosia from December 5-7, 2013. There will be a morning Doctoral forum session and hands-on workshops in the afternoon followed by two days of conference presentations.
The conference will focus on the role of instructional technology in foreign language learning fostering innovative learning designs for the teaching of foreign languages. More specifically, it focuses on innovative technologies that can reach even beyond the classroom. The conference will address Second Language Acquisition research to instructional technology applications as well as the opportunity to experience cutting edge research. It is intended for those working in the field of Second Language Acquisition, foreign language pedagogy and Computer-Aided Language Learning as well as practicing and pre-service language teachers at the secondary and tertiary levels.
FLIT – II Topics
Proposals are invited particularly in the following areas connected to foreign language learning and instructional technology. The conference focuses on the following topics:
• Pedagogy & Instructional Technology
• E-learning theory, design, and practice
• Social Networking Technologies
• Innovative e-learning technologies
• Online and/or blended learning
• Online Communities of Practice
• Assessment & Instructional Technology
• Personal Learning Networks
• Learner Autonomy & CALL
• Mobile learning
• Networked learning in adult education/professional development
• Open Educational Resources
• MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
This is not an exhaustive list and other topics will also be considered.Please, find attached the 1st call for proposals. The deadline for the submission of proposals is 19 April 2013.