The 5th LEAD academic leadership workshop will be hosted by Middle East Technical University (METU, Ankara, Turkey) from 1 to 5 May 2018.
The workshop is held in the framework of the LEAD project
: Governance and Academic Leadership of Chinese and European Universities in the Context of Innovation and Internationalization
, coordinated by Vrije Universiteit Brussel in cooperation with UNICA. The project aims to provide training for academic leaders and university management teams from European and Chinese HEIs to help them make informed decisions about the governance of their institutions and facilitate internationalisation in the field of academic governance and leadership. The Ankara workshop follows the LEAD-UNICA Europe-China Rectors Seminar in Lisbon (more..
) and the Workshop & Forum in Shanghai (more...
CALL FOR EXPERTS
The upcoming workshop will address the following topics:
- New concepts of leadership: distributive & collective leadership
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Innovation & innovative processes in HE creative mentality ; policies for innovation;
- social innovation and educational innovation
Representatives of academic leadership from UNICA member universities willing to share their experience on one or more of the above-mentioned topics during the workshop's training sessions are kindly requested to fill in this Expert form (Word file)
and send it to Marta Brelih-Wasowska: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 29 January 2018
- Submitting the form is not considered a formal commitment, but an expression of interest to take part in the workshop as trainer/presenter
- The selection of experts to take part in the workshop will be made by the LEAD Project Coordinator.
- The travel and cost of stay of the selected experts will be covered by the project.
Draft schedule of activities (update: 17/01/2018)
Tuesday 1 May: arrivals in Ankara
Wednesday 2 May-Thursday 3 May: ½ day plenary session with official presentations + 1 and ½ day workshop at METU
Friday 4 May: Consortium meeting (for project partners only)
Saturday 5 May: departures