The prize rewards outstanding works completed and implemented in the last two years prior to the deadline for applications, that enhance citizens' understanding of the EU, help broaden the ownership of the European project and develop a sense European identity. It was awarded for the first time in 2017.
This year, up to 16 prizes of 25,000 EUR will be awarded.
The deadline for applications is 29/10/2019.
The Commission will consider projects across communication, campaigns, direct actions and more – these may include:
- educational programmes or campaigns about the EU;
- information and communication campaigns about the EU;
- activities that enhance young people’s motivation to participate in the democratic processes that shape the future of the EU;
- activities that enhance young people’s attachment to the core values of the EU;
- action-based activities that enable young people to witness the benefits of the EU.
Who can apply?
- individuals (natural persons) who are EU citizens;
- Universities established and based in an EU Member State, under public or private law.
- non-governmental legal entities established and based in an EU Member State.
- The contest is not open to public authorities. This means that public administration authority at national, regional or local/municipal level cannot apply.
- All works/products/activities that have been already funded by the EU are not eligible.
- Research works as such are not eligible.
For more information: