IIf you are a Master student looking for practical experience in an international NGO, you can apply for an internship at the UNICA Secretariat in Brussels. As an intern, you will take active part in the day-to-day running of our small but multinational office, have a chance to improve your communication & language skills by working closely with our team, and get exposure to the varied activities and projects of our Network that have a real impact on the functioning of Higher Education institutions.
- Minimum duration of the internship: 3 months, commitments of longer duration (6 months or longer) are preferable.
- Please note that this is a non-remunerated position. Our interns receive a small monthly reimbursement of expenses (€350) and a monthly public transportation pass.
- Our interns work 30 hours per week (5x6 hours). Priority is given to Erasmus+ Placement holders coming from UNICA member universities
• Master student or a student in the final year of Bachelor programme;
• Excellent verbal and written command of English, knowledge of French is an asset;
• Very good writing and communication skills, with an ability to distinguish between formal and informal registers;
• Ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team.
• Experience in creating visual content, knowledge of graphic design software (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop/Lightroom) and graphic design skills are an extra asset;
• Proven interest in the EU affairs and European policies in the area of Higher Education and Research
TASKS OF THE INTERN:
- Supporting the organisation of UNICA events as well as the management of ongoing EU projects in which UNICA is coordinator or partner;
- Updating & managing content of the UNICA websites, database, online platforms (staffmobility.eu, UNICA Summer & Winter Schools Portal);
- Drafting UNICA publications;
- Occasionally attending Brussels-based events organized by the European Commission, European Parliament, and other partner organisations.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your cover letter should state clearly your motivation to work at UNICA and your suitability for the position; Generic cover letters or applications without cover letters will not be taken into consideration.
- Priority is given to Erasmus+ Placement holders coming from UNICA member universities.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.