If you are a Master student interested in gaining hands-on experience in the area of communications and event management in an international NGO, apply for a traineeship at the UNICA Secretariat in Brussels! As a trainee, you will take active part in the day-to-day running of our small but multinational office, have a chance to improve your communication & language skills by working closely with our team, and get exposure to the varied activities and projects of our Network that have a real impact on the functioning of Higher Education institutions.
Brussels, University Foundation, Rue d'Egmont 11.
TIME & COMMITMENT
- Our trainees work 30 hours per week (5 days x 6 hours, with some flexibility).
- The minimum duration of the traineeship is 3 months, however, commitments of longer duration (6 months or longer) are preferred.
- Please note that this is a non-remunerated position. Apart from Erasmus+ traineeship grant, our trainees receive a monthly reimbursement of expenses (approx. €400) and a free public transport pass.
- Master student or a student in the final year of Bachelor programme
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken, with an ability to distinguish between formal and informal registers
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop/Lightroom)
- Initiative and enthusiasm to learn
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in creating simple visual content (announcements, headers and visuals for social media)
- Knowledge of French
- Proven interest in the EU affairs and European policies in the area of Higher Education and Research
The trainee will work closely with the Project & Communications Officer and other members of the Secretariat team.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Drafting web articles and promotional materials
- Updating & managing content of the UNICA websites, database, online platforms (staffmobility.eu, UNICA Summer & Winter Schools Portal)
- Assisting in editing and compiling info for UNICA monthly newsletters
- Supporting the organisation of UNICA events as well as the management of ongoing EU projects in which UNICA is coordinator or partner
- Occasionally attending Brussels-based events organised by the European Commission, European Parliament, and other partner organisations
- Other office and/or administrative duties as required
HOW TO APPLY?
- Please send your CV and a cover letter as a single PDF document to email@example.com by Friday 29 September 2017
- Your cover letter should state clearly your motivation to work at UNICA and your suitability for the position; generic cover letters or applications without cover letters will not be taken into consideration
- Priority is given to Erasmus+ Traineeship holders coming from UNICA member universities.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The internship will preferably start in late October 2017.