UNICA Students’ Video Competition: “Vote for Europe” | Apply by 31 March
31 January 2024 | From UNICA
Calling all UNICA students: show us your thoughts on the European elections and win exciting prizes!
The European Elections are just around the corner! On 6 – 9 June 2024, millions of European citizens will be voting to elect their representatives as Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). In light of this, UNICA is hosting a video competition to spotlight the thoughts and voices of students from our member universities leading up to the elections. The initiative counts on the support of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) and the European Students’ Union (ESU).
With this competition, UNICA aims to raise awareness and interest among students, and the wider academic community, for the democratic processes that have the potential to reshape the societal impact of students and universities in Europe.
A jury composed of representatives from UNICA, ESN, ESU, and a European institution or organization, will evaluate and select the best videos, awarding prizes for the top three places and providing three honorable mentions.
Are you ready to share your voting story? Check the regulation and submit your video until the 31st of March!
Check all the rules of the competition in the Regulation document.
Who can participate?
The competition is open to all students from UNICA member universities – including those based in non-EU countries – and regardless of their level (Bachelor, Master, Doctoral) or age. Eligible participants must be currently enrolled at the university or have graduated after 1 January 2024.
Students must participate in the competition in groups, with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 students.
What should the videos talk about?
Videos created for the competition should include their authors’ reasons and ideas on the European elections.
Here are a few guiding questions to help:
- What the European elections mean to you?
- Why should students vote and engage with the European elections?
- What do you hope to see for the future of the EU come from the elections?
- If you’re a national of a non-EU country, how do the actions of the EU resonate with you?
Participants are encouraged to focus on themes or topics that matter to them. UNICA also welcomes videos that focus on the author’s perspectives on the elections as university students. This provides with the opportunity to lend their voice to a wider effort to speak up for Europe’s student community.
What are the technical details?
- The length of the video must not exceed 2 minutes (120 seconds), including credits;
- The audio in the videos can be presented in any official language of a country where a UNICA member is based. Subtitles in English are mandatory for all videos, even the ones with audio in English;
- The names of the authors and of their respective universities must be included in the video, either at the beginning or the end of the video;
- All kind of films are accepted, including animation;
- Videos that contain defamatory, violent, racist, sexist, homophobic, and/ or pornographic content, or are likely to harm the physical or moral integrity of anyone, will be automatically excluded from consideration.
How do I submit the video?
Videos must be sent via a transfer link on WeTransfer (less than 2GB), in .mp4 format. The link to the video must be included in the application form below. UNICA will then upload the videos to its YouTube Channel for public dissemination.