Webinar COVID-19: Biomedical, Social and Legal Aspects
In the spring of 2020, the world had to face never-before-seen challenges due to the outbreak and rapid spread of the COVID-19 disease. The pandemic has caused serious difficulties in the health-care system of the affected countries, have had an enormous effect on almost all spheres of society and the economy, evoking complex legal questions and situations around the globe.
The Budapest-based Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) and Semmelweis University (SE), two member institutions of the UNICA network of universities from the Capitals of Europe (53 universities in 37 capital cities) organised a joint webinar inviting other UNICA member universities to address the biomedical, social, and legal aspects of COVID-19.
In the framework of the event, presenters from Ankara University, Charles University of Prague, Eötvös Loránd University, Humboldt University of Berlin, Semmelweis University, and University of Edinburgh approached different realms of handling the challenges caused by the pandemics in European countries, such as the various aspects of its clinical management, testing, its economic, legal-administrative, and social impact.
The recordings of the webinar are available here.
All participants are warmly invited to provide us with their feedback on the
webinar by filling out this short evaluation survey.
SESSION I. BIOMEDICAL ASPECTS
- Novel Coronavirus Epidemic in the Hungarian Population: A cross-sectional nationwide survey to support the exit policy in Hungary by Béla Merkeley
- Clinical Management of COVID-19 Patients at Semmelweis University by Veronika Müller
- First and second waves of COVID-19 in Spain, Italy and elsewhere: A humanistic Epidemiology perspective by Joan B Soriano and Julio Ancochea
- The Social Life of Covid-19 Testing by Alice Street
SESSION II. SOCIAL AND LEGAL ASPECTS
- Administration and Administrative Law – In the Time of Corona by István Hoffman
- Do Germany’s Covid measures violate the constitution? by Anna-Bettina Kaiser
- The Economic Impact of Covid-19 in Europe by Türkmen Göksel
For any questions, please contact the UNICA Secretariat: email@example.com.Dates: Thursday, 8 October, 2020
08 Oct 2020