23 UNICA member Universities in the first group of EC’s “European Universities Alliances”
26 June 2019 | From UNICA
23 out of the 51 UNICA member Universities are among the Higher Institutions that will be part of the first “European Universities” alliances. This new initiative by the European Commission (EC) aims to enhance the quality and attractiveness of European higher education and boost cooperation between institutions, their students and staff.
In this first edition, 17 European Universities alliances were selected, involving 114 higher education institutions from 24 Member States. The 23 UNICA Universities integrate 10 of those alliances and are from 19 different countries. Check below the complete list of UNICA member universities that are part of the initiative.
For more information on the European Universities Alliance Initiative and the complete list of the selected institutions, please visit the EC’s website.
UNICA member Universities integrating the European Universities Alliances:
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium);
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium);
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus);
- Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic);
- University of Copenhagen (Denmark);
- Sorbonne Université (France);
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany);
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece);
- Eötvös Loránd University of Budapest (Hungary);
- Sapienza Università di Roma (Italy);
- Università Degli Studi Di Roma Tor Vergata (Italy);
- University of Latvia (Latvia);
- Vilnius University (Lithuania);
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (The Netherlands);
- University of Warsaw (Poland);
- Universidade de Lisboa (Portugal);
- University of Bucharest (Romania);
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia);
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain);
- Universidad Aitónoma de Madrid (Spain);
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain);
- Stockholm University (Sweden);
- University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom).
Check the alliances each university is part of.