MappED! Inclusive Mobility
MappED! was a social project that aimed at improving the everyday life of students with disability by creating an online platform that would provide information on support services and mobility opportunities.
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for higher education
Aims and General Description
With the purpose of improving the mobility opportunities and experience of exchange students with disabilities, the project developed a platform that included:
- an interactive online map indicating the accessibility level of European Higher Education Institutions, campuses around Europe, city centres and much more;
- the possibility to map the accessibility level of their University, their favourite shop in town or their usual coffee shop in few clicks only;
- the ability to interact with the platform via a mobile application for smartphone and participate to the social experiment anywhere, anytime;
- information about mobility programmes, supplementary grants, support services and procedures for students with disability how to apply for a mobility period abroad.
MappED! also created a series of training events and conferences to encourage students with disability to go abroad and to foster the cooperation between Disability Office – International Relation Office – Students with disability, the three key actors to finally raise the percentage of students with disability taking part in the Erasmus+ Programme.
The project nowadays
MappED! is no longer available and has been replaced by a brand new platform called InclusiveMobility.eu created by the EPFIME Erasmus+ project consortium. The EPFIME project consortium leveraged the data collected throughout the years and integrated them into the InclusiveMobility.eu which includes further features and a broader scope Please visit inclusivemobility.eu to explore the platform and its inclusive mobility tools.
- Association For Higher Education Access And Disability
- Erasmus Student Network Aisbl
- Universidad De Vigo
- Uniwersytet Warszawski
01 September 2015
to 30 November 2017
Erasmus Student Network France
Relevant UNICA working group