University of Luxembourg – EU Project Officer position in the EU team of the Research Support Department
19 July 2023 | From our Members
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire an EU project officer within its Research Support Department, and more specifically for the EU support team.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05912
Please check out the job posting on the UL career site: http://emea3.mrted.ly/3gz4d
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
As part of the EU support team, the incumbent will contribute to the management of EU grants in line with outstanding EU grant management standards. In addition, the incumbent will cope with the accurate process and timely documentation of files, data and research information.
- Assist the Head of the Research Support Department (RSD) with all aspects of the EU grant management procedures; be responsible for pre- and post-award administrative aspects, workflows and procedures.
- In collaboration with the EU Support team members in the RSD to oversee implementation of several projects to ensure quality delivery on time, compliance to the funder’s rules and requirements and budget control.
- Participate in the organization of teams’ events and training sessions
- In collaboration with the EU Support team members in the RSD to monitor policy developments at the European level and prepare briefing papers.
- Support EU research activities by collecting information and identifying needs concerning administration of EU funding in order to establish best practice policies and procedures.
- Establish and update coherent central procedures for research data retrieval related to EU Grants.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Current Research Information System.
- Liaise with the internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to the financing of research policy and support, building up partnerships and networks.
- At least Master’s degree preferably in management studies or equivalent professional experience in an area relevant to research evaluation
- Solid proven track record and experience in grant administration within an EU support/research office function or within the European Commission Services.
- Experience with European Commission funding mechanisms, rules and requirements, with focus on developing procedures, workflows, templates, guidelines.
- Experience in coordinating competitive research grants and coordinating applications to competitive research grant.
- Ability to liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders and build constructive and effective relationships;
- Good command of IT tools for data retrieval and data processing
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of flexibility and ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines, be able to work on different tasks in parallel.
- Very good communication, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English and fluent in French and / or German.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.