11th UNICA Scholarly Communication Seminar, University of Ljubljana, NEW DATE: 22-24 April 2024
⚠️ ATTENTION: This event, initially planned to take place in October 2023, was postponed to 22-24 April 2024.
The 11th UNICA Scholarly Communication Seminar “Open Science and Academic Libraries: Organizational Challenges in an Evolving Research Landscape“, will be kindly hosted by the University of Ljubljana.
UNICA members are invited to contribute to the Seminar as speakers. Download the call for contributions and submit a proposal by 4 September 2023!
Read more about the Seminar
Universities have to address Horizon Europe Open Science policy, legislation updates and policies in the EU Member States, transformative agreements, diamond open access publishing, infrastructures, and other aspects of Open Science. Together with their libraries they are facing organizational challenges that increasingly involve international environments and cooperation.
The Seminar will focus on sharing Open Science good practices related to the management of academic libraries, the role of European Universities alliances and reform of research assessment:
- How can universities and academic libraries best manage Open Science services to support their communities?
- What are the most significant Open Science initiatives developed within the European Universities alliances in which the UNICA members are involved?
- How will COARA and the new research assessment model in EU help drive Open Science?
The sessions will be opened by a keynote speech, followed by the presentation of case studies from UNICA members and by open discussion with all the participants.
The second day of the programme will feature a Workshop on Strategic Priorities for Research Support in University Libraries: this session will be led by Raúl Aguilera Ortega, Head Librarian, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and Coordinator of the UNICA Scholarly Communication Working Group, and will have a dynamic format to engage participants in a variety of conversations and enable interaction and sharing of experiences, good practices, challenges, solutions.
Information and registration
Participation is free (no registration fee applies) and open to both UNICA members and non-UNICA institutions
- Wednesday, 18 October (late afternoon/evening): Welcome reception
- Thursday, 19 October: full day and optional social programme (guided tour of the city), followed by dinner
- Friday, 20 October: half day (programme until 13:00, followed by farewell lunch)
Practical information for the participants
- A list of recommended hotels and the practical information for the participants are available in this PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR THE PARTICIPANTS.
- Please note that neither UNICA Secretariat nor University of Ljubljana are responsible for hotel reservations. All participants are kindly asked to arrange their own hotel reservations.
Registration form – Please register here no later than 15 September 2023
IMPORTANT WARNING NOTICE!
While we are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Ljubljana, please note that the final decision about the organization of the meeting on site will be confirmed in September, based on the number of registrations received. In case the number of participants is not sufficient, the in person Seminar will be postponed to 2024, and a webinar will be organized in the Fall 2023 instead.
For these reasons, we kindly ask you not to make any travel arrangements (flight and hotel booking) until you receive a confirmation from our side.
22-24 April 2024
University of Ljubljana
Laura Brossico – firstname.lastname@example.org and Alexandra Duarte – email@example.com