8th UNICA PR & Communication Workshop
The 8th UNICA PR & Communication Workshop: Is university advertising pushing the boundaries too far? Best practices and lessons learned from PR to marketing and beyond! was hosted by the University of Cyprus, 2-3 May 2019.
The workshop gathered 30 professionals from 16 UNICA Member Universities (Heads of University PR, Marketing & Advertising, Communication, Press Advisors, Chief web editors and social media specialists, University officers working in PR, marketing, University officers working in science, web & social media communications), who had the opportunity to discuss and learn about the following topics:
► Marketing tools for university advertising. How to be effective and live up to university legacy, mission and values. University advertising locally and globally: Is there a difference in approach?
► Alumni and students engagement as a key factor for university promotion and community building. How to shape your social media strategy to engage them in the shortening life cycle of social media platforms?
►“Digital Marketing: Strategy and Opportunities”: Master Class by Adamantios Kitridis, expert in digital Marketing and Information Technology.
Photos available in this Flickr album
- Brand-led integrated communications strategy: leveraging content marketing across paid, owned and earned media to engage with a variety of stakeholders; and the importance of authenticity for engaging with youth audiences, by David Smith, Head of Marketing, University of East London
- Integrated Communication – Content Marketing and Advertising, by Jón Orn Gudbjartsson, Director of Marketing and Communication, University of Iceland
- How are universities promoting themselves in ad content?, by Claire Emare, Marketing & Community Manager, Université libre de Bruxelles
- The delicate balance of “cool” and “conservative”: dealing with the weight of our long history and the expectations of our day and age, by Gábor Joó, Head of Communications, Marketing and Recruitment, Eötvös Lorand University, Budapest
- Case study: How can a young and ambitious university try to change stereotypes about Russian education? Attracting foreign students to Russia with the help of digital tools, by Alexey Sobolevsky, Deputy Head of Public Relations, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow
- InstaStories: Mastering Instagram & engaging with students, by Aswin Lutchanah, Social Media Manager, Université du Luxembourg
- University of Cyprus on social media: engage stakeholders for promotion & community building, by Athina Frangou Selipa, Development and Alumni Office, Promotion and Development Sector, Rectorate, University of Cyprus
More information about the UNICA PR & Communication Working Group?
Please contact Laura Brossico: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the previous Workshops.
Dates: Thursday, 2 May, 2019 to Friday, 3 May, 2019
2-3 May 2019
University of Cyprus