UNICA – EUTOPIA Train webinar: Successful strategies in applying for citizen science funding
Promoted by Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Finding funding for citizen science projects is not always easy. Funding bodies or calls have a different and specific focus and different requirements.
Not surprisingly, when asked, researchers wanting to engage in citizen science often indicate their need for support in finding the right funding channels and writing strong and convincing project applications.
On May 17th, UNICA together with EUTOPIA Train joined their forces to host a webinar aiming to learn more about successful strategies in applying for citizen science projects. The invited speakers provided the audience with interesting insights, important take-aways and useful suggestions regarding successful applications. The panel of international citizen science experts, researchers and funding body representatives shared their experiences and suggested strategies.
Did you join the event? Fill out this short evaluation form.
Did you miss the webinar? Watch it now!
- Presentations and recording of the UNICA – Eutopia Train webinar “How to engage citizens in your research?”, 15 February 2022
- Contours of citizen science: a vignette study: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.202108
- The Science of Citizen Science: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-58278-4
- The European Union Institutions appoint external experts to assist in the evaluation of grant applications, projects and tenders, and to provide opinions and advice in specific cases: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/work-as-an-expert
- “7 strategies for project proposals with a citizen science approach”, article summarizing the main takeaways from the webinar, by Annelies Duerinckx: https://www.scivil.be/en/news/7-strategies-project-proposals-citizen-science-approach
Are you a member of an EUTOPIA partner university and interested in joining the EUTOPIA community of practice on citizen science? Send an e-mail to email@example.com to be always updated about activities (webinars, workshops, peer learning sessions …) and plans for support!
17 May 2022
10:30 – 12:00 CEST