The 19th EduLAB meeting: The Role of Universities in developing human capital for a new economy will be hosted by the National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, 7 December 2018.
Optional participation in the eSTARS Summit
The participants in the EduLAB also have the opportunity to attend eSTARS - eLearning Stakeholders and Researchers Summit 2018, the international research conference dedicated to academic and applied aspects of online education, Higher School of Economics, 5 – 6 December 2018. The participation in eSTARS is free of charge for representatives of UNICA member universities.
Representatives of UNICA member universities are also encouraged to contribute in the eSTARS Conference as speakers:
- The main topics of the Conference are listed here.
- Representatives from UNICA member universities wishing to contribute to the eSTARS conference as speakers are invited to submit an abstract before 15 August 2018 through the eSTARS website. Detailed information on the submission procedure is available at: https://estars.hse.ru/en/participants#thesis.
The meeting is designed for Vice-Rectors/Vice-Presidents Education, other representatives of academic leadership responsible for Education & Teaching, Deans, Coordinators of Study Programmes from UNICA Member Universities.
►Wednesday 5 December & Thursday 6 December 2018: eSTARS Summit 2018
► Thursday 6 December, 19:00: EduLAB Welcome dinner
►Friday 7 December 2018: UNICA EduLAB meeting
- Students preparation for a successful career in the new digital economy: soft skills development, entrepreneurship, conflict management, social dimension
- Teaching methods and support for teaching innovation,
- Teaching Excellence Centres
- State of play of the European Higher Education Area (Paris Communiqué, EUA’s initiatives on Teaching & Learning; evaluation of the Bologna Process)
- Towards the European Education Area? The “European Universities” Initiative
The preliminary programme will be available in early September.
Online registration & important dates:
- EduLAB online registration form (deadline: 1 October 2018)
- Online registration to attend the eSTARS Summit 2018 (deadline: 2 December 2018). Please select the option "member of UNICA" at point 6 of the registration form
- Representatives from UNICA member universities wishing to contribute to the eSTARS conference as speakers are invited to submit an abstract before August 15, 2018 through the eSTARS website. Detailed information on the submission procedure is available at: https://estars.hse.ru/en/participants#thesis.
Please note: Each participant is kindly requested to proceed with his/her own booking. Filling in the online registration form does not mean your room will be booked automatically.
A number of rooms at special rates (promo code "EDULAB2018") are available for the participants in hotels located at 10- to 20-minute walking distance from the meeting's venue. Detailed information on accomodation options and rates is available at: https://edulab.hse.ru/participants#living
In order to enter Russia most foreign nationals are required to have a valid Russian Federation visa. The National Research University Higher School of Economics will provide an invitation letter to apply for visa upon request.
More information and the form to ask for an invitation letter can be found here
More information & contact: