Changing Horizons: working together to overcome challenges and maximise opportunities
The UNICA Research Policy Meeting is being kindly hosted and organised by the University of Edinburgh on Thursday 7 and Friday 8 November 2019. The meeting is organized in cooperation with the Coimbra Group and ROSE (Research on Societies in Europe).
Rectors/Presidents, Vice-Rectors/Presidents & European Research Liaison Officers from UNICA, Coimbra Group & ROSE are invited to attend a high level meeting focused on Research in Europe.
On 7 November presentations and interactive panels will focus on research policy in Europe, state of play in Horizon Europe, the Brexit, the relation between Europe 15 and 13 countries/universities, and the role of humanities in Horizon Europe.
On 8 November workshops and parallel sessions will offer the opportunity to in particular EURLO's to exchange and learn on data management plans, auditing and career building. Moreover, together with the UNICA Scholarly Communications working Group, a session dedicated to the contribution of libraries in EU research is being organised.
Download the Programme (as of 04/11/2019)
- Sufficient, efficient and simple EU funding for universities (#EUInvestInKnowledge) ▪ Thomas ESTERMANN, Director, Governance, Funding and Public Policy Development, European University Association (EUA)
- Brexit from university perspective ▪ Peter MASON, Policy Manager, Europe (Research and Innovation), Universities UK International
- The Social Sciences and Humanities in European Research Funding: Opportunities, Challenges, Demands ▪ Nicole BIRKLE, EU Liaison Officer, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Research on Societies in Europe, ROSE Network
- Perspectives on Defining the impact of Research and Developing a Culture on Research Impact, Ann RYAN, External Engagement Officer, NUI Galway, Chair of the Coimbra Group Research Support Officers Working Group
- Open Ccience in practice - How can Libraries Contribute to EU Research?, Dominic TATE, Head of Library Research Support, Edinburgh University Library
- Creating synergies for Open Science in the Université libre de Bruxelles, Françoise VANDOOREN, Research Support Coordinator, Department of Libraries and Scientific Information, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Data support network at the University of Helsinki, Pälvi KAIPONEN, Service Director, Research Services, Helsinki University Library
- How to develop a Data Management plan?, by Rachel LEPROULT, Project Manager, EU Research Office, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Institutional support for data management planning, by Martin DONNELLY, Research Data Support Manager, University of Edinburgh
- How DMPs can be tailored for institutions and funders: Adding value for researchers, by S. VENKATARAMAN, PhD, Research Data Specialist and Training Lead, Digital Curation Centre
- Auditing in H2020 - a case study: 'JPI Cofund EURATOM', Francesca DOMINICI, Head of International Research Office, University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Feedback Audits at Sorbonne Université, Inmaculada LOPEZ, Head of European & International Financial Affairs, Sorbonne Université
- Auditing - real life situations, Jasmina PEŠIĆ JOTIĆ, Research projects coordinator at International Relations Office, University of Belgrade
- Sara SHINTON, Head of Researcher Development / IAD Assistant Director, University of Edinburgh
- Career building as a researcher - an ideal path?, Diana PUSTUŁA, Head of the Office for International Research and Liaison, University of Warsaw & Chair of the UNICA EU Research Liaison Officers Group
Should you have any questions, please contact the UNICA Office: Aurelie Duchateau, firstname.lastname@example.org