- Supporting the UGAF Group in the development of its projects and activities, regularly updating the UGAF website and editing the UGAF bulletin, web-based research & collecting information on EC programmes & initiatives relevant for the Group, reporting on the Brussels-based events in the environmental field, contributing to drafting the Group’s documents and publications.
- Assisting the UNICA team in the current tasks and activities: participating in the organization and delivery of events, assisting with the management of ongoing EC projects.
- Academic background and/or demonstrable interest in areas such as: Environmental Studies, Environment and Resource Management, Sustainable Development Management; we would especially welcome students who contributed to student conferences and forums on environmental protection and policy-making (e.g. World Student Environmental Summit);
- Fluency in English, the working language of the Network, and strong writing and editing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook;
- Excellent organisation skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Knowledge of international and EU environmental policies and an understanding of the decision-making processes in the EU institutions;
- Good command of French;
- Basic knowledge of web management and Adobe tools.
UNICA offers an opportunity to work in a small but multinational office, acquire sound knowledge on the functioning of an institutional network of universities and gain hands-on experience in activities and projects focused on environmental sustainability.
Priority is given to Erasmus or Leonardo grant holders coming from UNICA member universities. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Candidates should be available to start at the end of March 2014 and are required to commit up to 30 hours per week for a duration of 3-4 months.
- To complement the grant, the trainee receives a monthly cost compensation and a monthly public transportation pass.
- Please submit your CV and a cover letter stating your motivation for the internship and your availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 January 2014.
- Visit the UGAF website: www.ugaf.eu and the UNICA website www.unica-network.eu to find out more about our network, its members and activities.