The 4th UNICA PR & Communication Workshop: University PR & Communication tackling challenges: finding new ways to achieve your goals was hosted by Vilnius University, 15-16 May 2014.
The European higher education landscape is undergoing rapid and major transformations brought on by the limited funding, growing globalisation and the increasing role of mobility and online learning. The 4th Workshop discussed how the university PR & Communication can effectively respond to the ongoing changes and new trends in higher education.
- University communications in the digital age: Where a feature is a blog and a news brief becomes a tweet! by Nic MITCHELL, EUPRIO (European Universities Public Relations and Information Officers Association)
- Activating students (for free, or nearly free) as university news reporters by Mike YOUNG, University of Copenhagen
- Less resources… more resourcefulness by Eilis O'BRIEN, University College Dublin
- Sapienza Digital Communication: Web, Mobile and Social Media Integration Strategies by Daniela VINGIANI and Riccardo TACCONI, Sapienza University of Rome
- Social media at City University – a content driven strategy by David SMITH, City University London
- How to make University news interesting and welcome? Vilnius University News Portal by Nijolė BULOTAITĖ and Matas OŽELIS, Vilnius University
- Using Social Media for Science Communication. The Experience of University of Latvia by Andis JANOVS and Andra BRIEKMANE, University of Latvia
PROGRAMME & PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS See the programme with venues in PDF (last update: 13 May 2014) Read the article "Communications in the digital age: features are blogs and news is a tweet!" by Nic Mitchell List of participants (last update: 13 May 2014) See the practical information and maps under this link
If you have specific questions regarding the programme, please contact
Learn more about the Vilnius University and the city of Vilnius
Find out more about the previous UNICA PR & Communication Workshops under this link.