Host organisation: CIFE (Centre international de formation européenne)
Available position: 1
Length: 3 months
Starting date: September 2014
Location: Nice, France
The Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE) is offering a 3-months-internship in its Nice-based academic teaching and research centre between September 2014 and December 2015.
CIFE (President: Jean-Claude Juncker), is a private institution of higher education and research, founded in 1954 with its head office in Nice and branch offices in Berlin, Bruxelles and Istanbul. It receives special funding in the framework of the Jean Monnet Programme of the European Union.
Every year, students from all continents and a great variety of countries enroll in its programmes. Next to its Master’s programmes in European and international studies CIFE offers a Summer University programme, evening courses, conferences as well as an academic quarterly on EU-related topics.
We are an international, open-minded and dynamic team showing confidence from the beginning and setting great store by personal responsibility.
The vacant internship is offered in our public relations department.
Your fields of work would be:
• Assistance to the general work of Public and Press relations
• Research on content and maintenance of the CIFE and IE-EI websites, the newsletter and social media
• Content research and elaboration of a communication strategy for a new programme
• Creation and maintenance of (direct)-mail campaigns
• Advancement of CIFEs media strategy
Competences and skills required:
• Academic background (BA level or higher)
• Strong interest in European integration and International Relations and/or Public Relations
• Fluency in English and good knowledge of French and German
• Strong initiative, flexibility and autonomy in your work habits
• Team-working skills
• Cultural sensitivity
During your internship you will experience a strong professional environment where you will have many opportunities to network, learn and develop in areas of your interest, helping you to shape your future career, inter alia you can experience different workspaces of a higher education institute.
Furthermore you gain the opportunity to work in a pleasant international and multicultural working environment in close cooperation with students, administration and faculty.
As remuneration we offer our interns free accommodation in the apartment of our institute in the centre of Nice (approx. 5 min. from the Mediterranean Sea).
How to apply:
Please send your application by 29 June to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a motivation letter and your CV. References are welcome.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed beginning of July to set an online interview date.