Secretariat of UNICA – Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe
WHO WE ARE
The Secretariat of UNICA - Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe is opening an Assistant position, to be based in Brussels, Belgium. UNICA brings together 46 universities from 35 European capitals and aims to serve as a platform for its Members to reflect on the latest developments and demands of strategic change in university research, education and strategic management. To achieve its aims, UNICA organises member-driven seminars and workshops and is active in the field of European projects, both as coordinator and partner.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Full secretarial and administrative support to UNICA Secretary General, including scheduling meetings, diary management, making travel arrangements, screening incoming mail and calls
- Supporting the UNICA Board by organising meetings, taking minutes and drafting official letters as required
- Assisting Project Officers in the organisation of UNICA events and project-related tasks
- Management of distribution lists and UNICA database
- General administrative support to the UNICA office (liaison with office suppliers, organising catering, dealing with visitors’ requests)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Administration, Education, European Studies and related fields
- 1-2 years of related experience in secretarial work and event organisation (including internships) is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken (min. C1 level), with an ability to distinguish between formal and informal registers
- Knowledge of French and/or other languages is considered advantageous
- Proficiency in the MS Office tools package (in particular Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under time pressure
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Availability to travel internationally (mostly Europe) as required
- Fixed term contract (1 year) under the Belgian law, with a possibility of extension
- An attractive salary package based on diploma level and seniority
- Fringe benefits, including private hospitalization insurance, a pension plan and annual public transport pass
- Ability to work in a small but multilingual office
- Ability to travel in Europe
- Development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY?
All candidates must be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in Belgium.
Please send your CV and a cover letter as a single PDF document by Friday 30 December 2016 to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should state clearly your motivation to work at UNICA and your suitability for the position; generic cover letters or applications without cover letters will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will start in February 2017.