UZDOC 2.0. – Furthering the quality of doctoral education at Higher Education Institutions in Uzbekistan is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme (KA2: Capacity Building in Higher Education) of the European Union.
Aims and general description
The system of doctoral education in Uzbekistan is in the intermediate stage of transition from the old to the new system. As of 1 January 2013, the previous two-tier system of doctoral education in Uzbekistan has been replaced by the single-stage system of defending the doctoral thesis and being granted the doctor of science degree.
Although significant steps have been made toward the modernization and alignment with the European system, there are still many challenges to be tackled. Furthering the quality of doctoral education at partner HE Institutions in Uzbekistan being the main goal of UZDOC 2.0., the project will strive to address the present challenges by building on the positive results and already achieved goals of the former UZDOC project.
- Politecnico di Torino – POLITO
- University of Granada – UGR
- Université libre de Bruxelles – ULB
- Eötvös Loránd University – ELTE
- Tashkent Financial Institute – TFI
- Namangan State University – NamSU
- Tashkent Chemical-Technological institute – TKTI
- Ministry of Higher and Specialised Secondary Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan – MHSSERUZ
- Uzbekistan State Institute of Arts and Culture – UzSIAC
- Karakalpak State university – QQSU
- Karshi State University – KARSU
- Samarkand Institute of Economics and Service – SIES
15 October 2016
to 14 October 2019
Relevant UNICA working group
Doctoral Education/PhD Officers