The Education, Training and Mobility Task Force of the COIMBRA GROUP in cooperation with Istanbul University invites participants to a two-day training course on the use of ECTS in a learning outcome orientation and will advise on the application process for the ECTS-label.
Where: Istanbul University, Central Capus
Who is the course for: The course is designed for universities’ academic and administrative staff who are familiar with some of the basic concepts.
The aim of this course: The ECTS Users Guide 2009 states: “ECTS is a tool that helps to design, describe, and deliver programmes and award higher education qualifications. The use of ECTS, in conjunction with outcome-based qualifications frameworks, makes programmes and qualifications more transparent and facilitates the recognition of qualifications.” Through lectures, workshops and discussions participants will learn how to use the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System effectively.
Expected outcomes: At the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- what does learning outcome orientation mean?
- definitions of expected LOs, intended LOs, gained/achieved LOs
- ECTS and level descriptors
- the number of ECTS credits and the content of a module/unit
- who decides the number of ECTS?
- student workload
- how to define the student workload – credit allocation
- observing, measuring and quantifying student workload
- ECTS “strong” vs ECTS “light”
Workforms: Lectures and Workshops.
Costs: Accomodation (ask for document "Accomodation in Istanbul"), Programme fee 150 EUR/participant (lunch and course material included)
Max number of participants: 40
Deadline for registration: 26 October
For more information, a programme and application form please contact:
Course leader: Aygül Gunaltay Sahinap, + 90 532 564 46 78