UNICA EduLAB European Conference “Design of European degrees – Building flexible pathways beyond academic cycles”
Promoted by the University of Bucharest – Interdisciplinary School of Doctoral Studies (ISDS) in partnership with UNICA and CIVIS, 26 – 27 May 2022
The conference will take place in a blended format: both onsite and remote participation will be allowed for the plenary sessions; the parallel sessions will take place fully online.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Registration for onsite attendance is now closed | Registration deadline for online attendance is 23 May
UNICA EduLAB European Conference 2022
This international conference will be hosted by the University of Bucharest, 26-27 May 2022. By alternating keynote speeches, panel discussions and workshops, the programme of the Conference is designed to provide answers and create a baseline for new philosophical and structural approaches as ways to innovate teaching, learning, recognition, and internationalisation in European higher education.
Expected outcomes: conference statements “Towards the European Degree“
- What are the main obstacles encountered in the development of new joint programmes and which solutions could be proposed so far?
- How to enhance the European Approach with a view to match the University Alliances’ needs? Should the minimum common requirements be upgraded? How to include research-based training?
- How to link micro-credentials to the traditional higher education cycles (BA, MA, PhD)?
- How to valorise, from now on, the benefit for students of joint curricula offered by the University Alliances? Would it be feasible to issue a single standard document or a label? How to authenticate that such joint training was officially provided by a University Alliance? (e.g., through digital means?)
- Conference Venue: University of Bucharest, Șos. Panduri, no. 90, Sector 5, 050663, Bucharest
- Fees: No conference fees will be charged. However, participants will need to cover their own travel expenses.
- Accommodation for persons presenting in one of the panels: local organizers can provide the persons presenting in the conference panels with a limited number of accommodation options at the facilities of the University of Bucharest for the duration of the conference, on a first-come first-served basis. Validation will be done after the acceptance of the abstract submitted. Please contact Gabriela Nisipeanu at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided by the organizers. The event will also include a common dinner at the end of the first working day.
COVID -19 Safety measures: To ensure a safe and healthy environment during the event, all participants must possess proof of their valid immunity/vaccination, in compliance with EU requirements.
Local weather: The estimated temperature will be around 25°C (https://www.accuweather.com/ro/ro/bucharest/287430/may-weather/287430)
Local activities in Bucharest: https://visitbucharest.today/
26-27 May 2022
University of Bucharest | Online
Hosted by the University of Bucharest
Laura Brossico (email@example.com)