Erasmus Impact Study 2014 identified Staff mobility as key priority to be included in internationalisation strategies of Higher Education Institutions. In several previous projects and studies on the topic, the limited access to mobility opportunities (especially for junior teaching staff), lack of recognition and assessment frameworks have been identified as obstacles that prevent teaching staff (and institutions) from fully benefiting from staff mobility schemes.
Project activities & objectives
- developing a set of criteria to measure the quality of teaching mobility and providing a framework for assessment of teaching mobility activities,
- creating an online catalogue (database) of innovative teaching methodologies and tools to support Teaching Mobility,
- creating an online platform (Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility Platform, ETMP) where HEIs can offer and find teaching opportunities – the platform will be an extension of Staffmobility.eu, platform created in the framework of IMOTION project and currently maintained by UNICA. The Staffmobility.eu will be also complemented with new functionalities, applying for both academic and non-academic (administrative, technical) staff mobilities,
- devising policy recommendations on teaching mobility, to be incorporated in the next EU higher education programme post 2020.
This project was initially planned to end in February 2021 but has been extended until August 2021 as a result of the COVID-19.
Project number: 2018-1-HU01-KA203-047818
Duration: November 2018 – August 2021
The intellectual outputs produced during the project can be found on the project website.
Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility Platform: https://teachingmobility.eu/
The Teach with Erasmus+ project received funding from the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme under the project ID 2018-1-HU01-KA203-047818.
- ELTE Budapest (UNICA Member University – Coordinator)
- European University Foundation
- UniLaSalle (Beauvais, France)
- University of Alcala (Spain)
01 November 2018
to 31 August 2021
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) Budapest
Relevant UNICA working group
02 Jul 2021
TWE+ Closing Conference: Tomorrow’s Innovation for a Truly European Teaching Experience Conference | 2 July 2021
03 Jun 2021
TWE+ Project: Innovative methodologies for mobile academics – An international pedagogical “reverse” conference | 3 June 2021
01 Oct 2020
“Teach with Erasmus+” project stakeholder event
15 Jul 2021
TWE+ Closing Conference: Tomorrow’s innovation for a truly European teaching experience | After the conference
09 Jun 2021
TWE+ Innovative methodologies for mobile academics – An international pedagogical “reverse” conference, 3 June 2021
16 Feb 2021
Read UNICA’s report on “Improving staff (training) mobility in Europe”, based on findings from the UNICA hosted platform staffmobility.eu
03 Apr 2020
TWE+: Interviews with 2 participating teachers from UNICA member Universities
13 Aug 2019
Teach With Erasmus + project: survey on Teaching Mobility open until 20 September
02 Feb 2019
Start of the Teach With Erasmus+ project (TWE+) & 1st Focus Group meeting (deadline: 5 February 2019)